One day I was told you should write a book but never seem too get that far. These are my shorts

Sunday 7 January 2007

Poetry

Stare
At the blank page
Sit back
Brush my hand though my hair
Sip the coffee
Lean back on the chair
Stare again
Still blank
The mind is blank
The world is blank too
A canvas, clean and untouched
Waiting to be written on
Still waiting after almost 40 years
I cry for those lost years
The years of blankness
Has there been anything written to those pages
Not much
Do I connect with many?
No not really
Am I noticeable?
Do I want to be?
No not really
I fade into the white
White on white
I mourn for the lost colour
Yet the colour was up to me to draw
And it’s not there
I wipe the tears, clear tears like my life
Away from my face
And ponder
Will any thing at all get drawn from the last 40 years
Or will I just fade away
Back onto the wallpaper
Always there
Just something you never notice

© Missy Angel 2006

Darkness
Darkness Envelops me covers me
My eyes are closing
So tired
Eyes heavy
The world is fading out
Blackness comes cannot move
I float, swim embrace the darkness that I call sleep
Missy Angel 20th Aug 2005


Grief poem

Grief can be
An all consuming flow of emotions
a wave that passes over you
it ebbs and flows
cascades and foams
even sweeps you away and floats you to
somewhere deeper than you have ever gone
gradually carrying you back
to the shore
to lap at your feet occasionaly
just to say
"you will never forget"