One day I was told you should write a book but never seem too get that far. These are my shorts

Sunday 7 January 2007

poetry

War
War , Peace are these just words ?
or do they mean something, any thing?
to the government officials?
A bomb here, troops deployed there
innocent children dying and upset
the media going crazy showing any thing they can
is it all for nothing , something , anything?
One crazy despot overpowering another
just to be leader of the world?
We sit here and watch and listen
waiting for something, any thing
just waiting for this craziness all to stop.


The Weaver
The Web Weaver of the net
Betrays its network
Entwines its contacts
Deceives its friends
The Web Weaver entangles them in its net
Misleads them, carries them away
Eats them from the inside out
Sucks them dry and leaves the husk
The Web Weaver punishes all concerned
With its web of lies and deceit
Stay away from a Web Weaver
For you too may be the object of its desire for the ultimate entanglement

Weeds
Pulling tugging
Dirt flying
Clods of earth fly over my shoulder
Working furiously
My hands fly
Up to my armpits in earth and worms
I try to pluck those weeds from the soil as fast as they appear
Sometimes I miss one and it tries to start growing wrathfully, purposefully trying
To over run the rest of the garden
Forum moderating don’t you love it

Comet comments

Swirling, twirling, spinning
Around and around
Up and down
You made me smile today
A light in the darkness
A friend of high calibre
A comment in the night sky
Pulled me up out of the gloom
Held my hand
Caressed my heart
And gently sewed me back together
Where a monster had torn my heart and trust apart

Pruning

I pruned, I cut I chopped till my hands bled
The tears ran down my face
The realization that this horrible monster
Of a sucking vine
Was getting to the inter recesses of my mind
Entering sucking
Taking my mind, my breath, my friends
The cuts had to be made
The secateurs furiously chopped
Feverishly they ran hot
Where ever I cut another vine was there pushing its way in
Finally after the very last cut my pruning settled down
There wasn’t much left but I did it
When I grabbed the last remnants
Of that invasive creeper and sliced it down
© Missy Angel 2006

No comments: